The Education Act states that the school community can now determine school policy which defines a compulsory school uniform. The wearing of a school uniform has many advantages, including:
- it helps to alleviate peer pressure about what is worn
- it is less expensive
- it reduces faction competitiveness
- it enhances the public’s image of our children & State Schools
- it has a positive impact on a student’s self esteem
- it enhances a student’s sense of belonging and pride in the school community
- it is an useful means of identifying whether an individual on school grounds has a right to be there
Department of Education policy states that students do NOT wear denim and thongs are not permitted. Tammin Primary School has a Student Presentation Code as endorsed by our school council. A PDF copy of our policy can be found below.
Tammin Primary School uniform
Uniforms can be ordered through the school office. The uniform order form can be found in the PDF below.
Lee Constantine is the uniform representative and can assist with queries and orders on Mondays.
Please ensure that all clothing is clearly marked
Royal Blue shorts, skorts or Blue/red/white tartan design skirts or dresses
Red & Blue polo style shirt with Tammin crest
Royal Blue windcheater/jacket with Tammin crest
Royal blue track pants
Red & Blue polo style shirt with Tammin Crest
Faction T-Shirt or polo in either red or royal blue
Royal Blue shorts or skorts
It is compulsory for all students to wear their school uniform at all school functions and excursions.